Jump to navigation Jump to search
A defined backup process encourages effort.
- MediaWiki is run on Synology NAS
- Hyper Backup package is configured to back up mediawiki directory and MariaDB
- the 'backup' is chronological and the database can be restored within minutes
- an 'export' backup is not recommended because it does not include file uploads, like images
- the argument for each page being exported is that it's more future-proof (anything can read simple pages, like xml files or pdf) however considering MediaWiki is backed by one of the most popular websites in the world, I feel a full database backup is sufficient for future portability